Sunday, April 26, 2020

MaynoChrome #1 - Jag ECW

I may be a week early and I can’t guarantee the 30 let alone 10, but we shall at least know I started a week early! 

Below you can see the image (#1?) of Jag.  She was a pretty big ECW fan back in the day… As you can see - she even had a Sandman “ Blood, Sweat, & Beers” shirt from a show she may have been at.  I can confirm she was very offended by the WWE version after the buyout. :)  (( gawd imma nerd ))

I should note that this is TAD 🔞 (18+) due to - - - MISSING… PANTS… anddeffonotforkidspeircings :: cough ::

Also before I abash you with the wonder that is Jag…  This image, as noted before, is part of my BFF Spirit-Sister’s hashtag challenge, #Maynochrome, which is a really neat way to promote looking more at the shadows, highlights, and key points of an artwork instead of just a palate full or spectrum. 

B/W + 1 accent color with extra cookies for halftone, crosshatch, or other texture based techniques.

I’ve been kinda trying this interesting ruled line shading I am fairly sure I a YouTube artist do!  Use of just a rule or straight edge to place lines in varying spaces as a form of 1 angle cross-hatching.  Still tinkering with it, but was used on Jag’s tattoos mostly and a bit more impatiently on her shirt text and hair highlights.

I used my Ohuhu Markers to try and add extra grey tones shading and kinda fix my inking goof on her neck.

Enjoy!!! and also check out my Spirit-Sib’s Hashtag challenge!!  She’d appreciate it and it is a great way to add some challenge in your art skills, kill some boredom or the usual antsy jimmies of being at home way more than you would prefer during the current events in the world.

© Dave Minton 2020; Image & Jag
 Be sure to check out my other socials to the right!! I'll most likely be posting any additional Maynochrome images on Instagram first before they hit tumblr and the blog here. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment