Sunday, November 08, 2020

Sketchy Buisness

 Are you following me on Instagram? 

If so... you may have seem some sketches posted; two in fact!

If not; no worries!  You can see the sketches and updated progress below as well. Follow me here on Blogspot and you can get updates when I post here as well - just look to the right. :>


Productive moment this week both with personal things and I braved a long late night sketch session on a whim which created 2 sketches. 

The first was based on a experiment of character development -or- simply a challenge to draw more for Jag as "photos" for her new Character Instagram account, @jag_yomirecords, as inspired by some character accounts for VivziePop's HelluvaBoss animated series; which I warn is not for kids πŸ”ž. 

I am not 100% pleased with the final as I botched the eyes a bit in marker and got past the point of no return.  Her eyes are a light purple normally. πŸ˜₯

India Ink inked sketch prior to coloring. © 2020 Dave Minton

Ohuhu marker colored final with some Photoshop cleanup.  ©2020 Dave Minton

 The second sketch has just finished inking and... yeah... I am glad my desk isn't high enough to bang my head against.  Feet are not my strong point and a few inking errors are maybe not super noticeable, but for me are blatant. 

Kawaiichi #10 is still a kind of new character as well... she's very quiet on her twitter account that acts as more of a experiment for a character to blend into real life society.  She is also rather overtly figured and yet very sky with a temper.  Coffee is her love language usually; that or small cafe's. 

Here she is yawning (both sketches I used a compilation of reference images for) with her arms behind her back. She's big on cozy clothes and sweater weather is her favorite - and nearing.  Of course Kawaiichi's aren't the most active at times and sleeping is a competitive sport for some if given the chance. 

sketch + India Inks done on Yawning Kawaiichi #10. ©2020 Dave Minton

 

I'm a bit apprehensive to try to color this with markers - and yet I know trying to PC color will be just as tedious and risky, with at least a Ctrl+Alt+Del option. Shall have to see where this one goes.  She diffidently is worth watching...  πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ΆπŸ’§

Check my socials to the right and follow the blog for updates on art, life, and mental burps. :>

No comments:

Post a Comment