Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Still riding the struggle-bus...

 

© 2011 - 2023 David M., Image & Character
 

Kinda feeling like how Nightspirit looks in this old dusty image from 2011. Still struggling to just get my head above water, all my own fault for thinking I could find a better workplace with less mental & emotional abuse. 

While I am employed ( At the same exact place I was prior), it's for much less than my prior wage & thus I am barely keeping up on bills and have pretty much had to just currently toil over pennies and settle into the mindset I am not allowed to really do things I want to or would enjoy. I just can't afford it right now as the ship sinks around me. 

But, I will just keep trying to find better work as I slowly grind away. Thus - things like Art have taken a serious hit. Let's be honest, I've been pretty crap as a physical artist for a long while now, but I still try to at least keep my characters alive by letting them muck around if they wish. Of course it would seem aside from 1 first generation character, most of the action comes from 2nd Gen characters who have twitter accounts to test the limits of Elon Musk's social dumpster fire & test my ability to at least create realistic world and vibe around them. 

Sad to say there are some pretty major figures of Celix Productions who have been dormant for a very long time. Long enough to consider calling the police to do a wellness check on em. 

I still justify my claim as a "creator" or "artist" or whatever you wanna call it, based on the fact i still allow things to roll through my head, ideas to pop up, and to still try to dual-wield my own life as I walk this made up illusion world my characters live. I still watch Artsy YouTube videos and fully endorse the use of social medias as character building tools. 

I also still pester JJ to try it for one of her characters, though - I feel she is a mix of busy and unsure of the concept to try it as of yet. But as a good life-long friend and spirit sibling, I will continue to pester until random objects learn to fly. :3


I'm mostly posting to say "HI!!" and let ya'll know I didn't croak. 3 of my characters are fairly active on their choices of social medias. 2 on the Blue Birb App... and 1 whom blogs her journey to rediscover herself after a serious point in her life.  The blog is the challenging one as I somehow managed to set the bar far too high for myself writing from a viewpoint of a female suicide survivor with mental challenges and proper writing training ( of which I have none). 

It is all things I have zero experience in nor life notes to go off of. More perplexing is I am told the writing is actually relatively good; at least it started that way and I'm not sure if it's maintained that status. I think Rio needs some more wholesome material to write about personally.We'll see how things go. Obviously my scuff a.f. work setup if hindering a lot of my life and anything creative per say. 


I will say, however, I have been keeping tabs of the analytics for Rio's blog with some interesting results. :0,  That's all I'll say about that - it's nothing worth digging things up for. Yet it is interesting little thing of notice as I watch Rio's traffic bounce between 2 real people and my numerous visits just to make sure the layout seems okay and such.

Til the next update! [ waves ]

No comments:

Post a Comment