The county board announced in letter to all residents within the county of SouthStar the tax drop and with additional forms for those wishing to receive information on the 2016 budget which plays a large part in this reduction.
The first public demonstration of the newly remodeled outdoor venue in SouthStar Glen now named the "SouthStar Peace Gardens" was a replacement to the city's recurring New Years event and saw a dynamic in the venue which the area has never seen or thought to be possible. A free admission show which lasted over 5 hours with on and off music and a grand display of the new stage and lighting systems installed weeks prior to the event; local and regional vendors who arrived to sell and offer services with a 100% take home in the end. Most shows prior had been paid entry and most vendors would have to provide a percentage of sales to the city as well as have city, state, and county taxes deducted from their sales gains.
The new dynamic is the brain-child of a very eccentric new owner of the venue whom has taken both the city and the state by storm. The finalized purchase of the former Glen Garden's Venue and the Botanical Gardens, also located on the site, gave huge conditions that until now would be considered deal-breakers.
SouthStar Glen City Purchase Conditions:
- Sale of property ( venue and gardens including all open land, beaches, and unsold city land within the city's section 2 zone F lakefront) to new owner. Final Sale of $6 Million.
- Decisions on Band, Performance, and Land usage is 100% owned by purchaser ( Jag/iNdGreir LLC.)
- Security will be provided by local police department with a monthly payment for services to the city of $154,000 and additional $50,000 for events requiring additional security.
- City to enforce a new dry-zone which would ban alcoholic or hard beverages within the property that would be punishable with fine up to $2000.
- All event costs (including marketing, fees, and utilities) and maintenance costs paid in full by iNdGreir LLC. (owner)
- all sales gains to be given to the city of SouthStar Glen when admission fee's required ( larger bands and some private events).
- City and County amendments created to allow tax free operation for all vendors at events. Owner will charge a one time Vendor fee during events which will also be paid to the city of SouthStar Glen at end of each event.