Sunday, August 31, 2014

Sainted Places

I am fairly sure I haven't hyped about this on my blog yet.  Which I am getting an itch to try redesigning this blog again.. We'll see what happens.  ANYWHO!

I have the great luck to know of a really kewl girl nicknamed Nane, I believe her formal name is Christiane, and I kinda happen to know her thanks to her being BFF's with Jan.  More fun is the fact she's the first person I know of that lives in a different country.  Germany to be exact.  And what I feel is that Nane's home country is epic because of the photographs she is able to get of so many different places.  I feel her preference however is more sacred places.  Churches, and Grave Yards and such.  She even has, in my opinion, a very nice kind of Goth vibe to her and she's SUPER awesome and sweet too.  But the photos.. they too are sweet.  Click the link below!  Her tumblr is just amazing!  I've not yet gotten into the vibe of tumblr and may never will because of the weirdness people use it for, but Nane is doing it so very right!

http://sainted-places.tumblr.com/

The little description on her tumblr says it all I feel:

Sainted Places 
beautiful, magical, mysterious, holy, forbidden, hidden, lost, enchanted, forgotten, rotten, well-known, jammed, destroyed, rebuilt, silent or loud...
photography of sainted places +details. (must not be christian places). 

Granted now I really read that I wonder why not Christian places. Hmmmm... will have to remember to ask some day.  I feel it might just be preference to the fact her photos desire a very art and open feel, that i think maybe Christian churches, at least that I have seen... don't have.  Course all USA Churches have no real look to them.  Again why I am jellious. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment